How to Obtain a Burn Permit

Outdoor burning permits are required any time there is no snow on the ground. Only certain materials can be burned. Household refuse and garbage are never allowed.

A permit can be secured from Peacham’s Forest Fire Warden, Aaron Morton, or Deputy Warden Richard Greenwood.

The Vermont Town Forest Fire Warden Directory is available from the Vermont Division of Forestry.

Additional information about outdoor burning is available from the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation’s Air Pollution Control Division.